Sabbadius Fillmore East Funky-Vibe Special Edition 2020
After an important investigation, searching on the web, asking people who know a lot about the original Uni-Vibes from the 60´s and 70´s, I found that there were different Uni-Vibes from 1968 to 1974, which have some “errors” compared to the original Honey Uni-Vibe from early 1968 and the 1974 Shin-ei version: Capacitors, Photocells, Lamp Bulbs, Resistors and Capacitors values where not always the same.
Now Sabbadius introduces the very rare version of the Uni-Vibe called Sabbadius FILLMORE EAST Funky-Vibe Version.
According to some Uni-Vibe experts, this Uni-Vibe version is possibly the one Jimi Hendrix used in 1969 and 1970, whereas others said that Jimi used a 1968 Uni-Vibe in the United States and a 1969 version in Europe. The thing is that if you pay attention to the sound from the same song played in the U.S.A and compare it to the one played in Europe, including England, you will notice that the Throb of the Vibe and the effect’s "wave sound" do not evoke the same "Chewy" sound we might find in Jimi’s performances. Now I found that the Sabbadius FILLMORE EAST Funky-Vibe Version captures that “CHEWY” SOUND similar to the 69 & 70 Uni-Vibe version.
The Sabbadius FILLMORE EAST 2020 Funky-Vibe Version is a S P E C I A L E D I T I O N.
The transistors used here are the Matsushita 2sC828 for signal path and 2sC539 for the Pre-Amp section like in the original Uni-Vibe.
The PHOTOCELLS (CdS/LDR) used in the 2021 version are EXCLUSIVE MADE FOR SABBADIUS ELECTRONICS.
*# DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE 68, 69 AND FILLMORE EAST VERSIONS:
*The Sabbadius 68 Funky-Vibe version:
Is the one that's started all, this version is like the early 1968 Uni-Vibe made by Honey UNICORD and is the most popular because is the version that Jimi Hendrix suppose to used. It has faster speed than the 69 and FILLMORE EAST and the pulse throb is more intense at faster speeds.
*The Sabbadius 69 Funky-Vibe version:
Is the one made by Shin-ei Companion in Japan in 1969 when Honey UNICORD company get in a bankrup so this Japanese company started making them and changed some inside components that make the sound slighty different compared with the 1968 Uni-Vibe. This version was the one used by David Gilmour and Robin Trower on the 70s. The sound is more "round" and more chewy sound in CHORUS mode than the 68 version in my opinion.
*The Sabbadius FILLMORE EAST Special Edition version:
When Honey UNICORD get in bankruptcy and switched to Shin-ei Companion there where some parts used in the 1968 and some other in 1969 that were mixed, so this version is a mix of the 68 & 69 and a plus for this version is that the FILLMORE EAST has Old vintage photocells that gives to the sound in my opinion some kind of "MOJO". This version is more intense and chewy than the 68 & 69 version.
The 3 versions are awesome, really 3D underwater sound and slightly different tones that is not easy to notice.
You will get what you need and don't be dissapointed if you get any of this 3 versions.
The pedal features 3 knobs, which set VOLUME, INTENSITY, and SPEED. It has a 1/4-inch (6.5 mm) output conection for an expression pedal allowing you to control the speed with your foot (Expression Pedal NOT included). It also features 2 footswitches: one of them activates the effect for True Bypass, the other one switch is the CANCEL function that allows you to use the pedal as a Pre-Amp or the original Uni-Vibe effect sound this means that you turn off the lamp bulb keeping a high impedance in the photocells that gives to the sound a wonderful Pre-Amp like Original Uni-Vibe's did in the foot control pedal with the tact switch. It has a hand painted soft switch with airbrush and enamel paint lacquered with gloss lacquer for a longer duration of the painting. RED/WHITE soft Rocker Switch that you set the mode´s in RED POSITION DOWN activates the "CHORUS" MODE and when the WHITE POSITION IS DOWN you are in "VIBRATO" MODE.
SABBADIUS provides an original 14 Vac ~ 200mA transformer inside the enclosure like the Original Uni-Vibe has and the cable cord from the unit to the wall.
European Puwersupply and one fuse inside and one outside as a backup included. OUTPUT: 14 Vac ~ 200mA
* Red LED that pulse in the same way the Lamp Bulb interact inside the unit so you can “see the
SPEED” of the effect.
* Volume: sets the output volume.
* Speed: sets the effect's speed in either mode.
* Intensity: sets the effect's intensity or depth.
* CHORUS - VIBRATO Mode ROCKER SWITCH: sets whether Chorus mode or Vibrato mode is activated.
* CANCEL Footswitch: activates the lamp Bulb to swirl the effect or turn off the lamp to use as a Pre-Amp like original Uni-Vibe's does.
* Expression pedal jack: 1/4-inch (6.5 mm) output jack (Amphenol) for an expression pedal, allowing to control the effect's speed with your foot (EXPRESSION PEDAL NOT INCLUDED)
* POWER SW. ON/OFF: Allows the current to flow into the circuit.
* TRUE BYPASS: Premium quality 3PDT True Bypass footswitch to turn the effect ON/OFF.
* INSTRUMENT: 1/4-inch (6.5 mm) input jack (Neutrik) for instruments.
* OUTPUT: 1/4-inch (6.5 mm) output jack (Neutrik) for amplifiers or other effects.
* INPUT: 100, 120, 127, 220, 230, OR 240Vac or Custom Made Transformer/ OUTPUT: 14Vac ~ 200mA
* Soft Rocker Switch RED / WHITE: Hand painted with airbrush and lacquered with enamel paint with a glossy finish.
* Fuse socket with a fuse inside that is there to protect the circuit in case there is an overload on the voltage. The unit comes with 2 Fuses, one fuse inside the socket and one outside as a backup.
* 100% Hand Wired & Hand Weldings.
* 100% analog circuit.Material: Aluminium enclosure.Size: Length 182mm x Width 115mm x Height
60mm.Weight: 925grs. Aprox.