Inspired by Roger Grant's idea to mimic loss of fm radio signal through the use of a simplified fm modulator/demodulator scheme.
Like turning the dial on your receiver, the TUNE parameter sweeps through a wide variety of sounds. From subtle artifacts, to extreme textures, noise and distortion. Summmed with CV at T input.
Shifts the accuracy of tracking the incoming modulated signal. Sometimes acts as a filter. Highly dependent on TUNE.
Controls the input level, from clean to dirty. Pushing the DRIVE control generates extreme non-linearities from the modulator/demodulator circuit. Affects both the wet and dry signals.
Amount of wet signal at the output.
Amount of dry signal at the output.
Preset range of the TUNE parameter:
1 - normal
2 - extended
Apply voice filter ~(300Hz-3kHz) to wet signal:
0 - filter off
1 - filter on
IN: 1/4" Instrument input
OUT: 1/4" Output
T:1/8" CV input for TUNE
9V: 2.1mm 9VDC centre-negative tip, >30 mA
NOTES ON INTERACTIVITY:
• The TUNE, SHIFT, DRIVE and RANGE controls are highly interactive.
• The higher the DRIVE, the more artifacts will be generated.
• TUNE is probably the widest, most non-linear, finest control ever included in our products. Micro adjustments here will drastically change the result of the demodulation.
• TUNE and SHIFT are mutually dependant, almost like they are the same control. By tweaking both, it almost seems like there is endless varieties of sounds.
• The RANGE switch shifts the whole palette of possibilities.
• Wet signal path is intentionally out of phase allowing for special interactivity between WET, DRY and FILTER.
• If the original signal is still present on the wet side, adding dry signal will cancel it out leaving only the distortionartifacts.
• If voice filter is activated in these same conditions, the result is a kind of mid-scoop instead of the usual bandpass.
FEATURES AND USES:
•CV on TUNE
•FM/AM radio quality reducer
•volatile and unpredictable distortion •noise, pop, crackle and squeal generator
•impress your friends
• true bypass
• dimensions 4.7" x 3.8" x 1.9"
• input impedance 1MΩ
• output impedance 1kΩ
• power supply 9 - 9.6VDC
• current draw 30mA @ 9.6VDC